As you may know, I have recently just completed a clinical trial for Group Naturopathic Consults for people with Endometriosis. It was such a fantastic experience to take this beautiful group of humans on a journey through 12 weeks of education, sharing and support. If you are already a patient of mine, you'll understand the benefits of naturopathic medicine in the treatment of your chronic condition. For myself, to see how much it benefited people with Endometriosis was so inspiring. We all had a really great time.
Group Naturopathic Consults is a new thing, I don't know many other practitioners who are using this treatment method in clinic. Having done this trial, and completed numerous educational courses on how to deliver this new type of care I'm so excited to offer this to my New Leaf clients.
That's you! So I'm starting by continuing the Group Consults for Endometriosis & Adenomyosis. At this stage, the group is only open to existing clients and participants of the trial and I am inviting you to take part!
If you'd like to get involved, you can book your spot in the Group Sessions section on our bookings page or send us a message to reserve your spot.
So, what are Group Naturopathic Consults and how can they help you?
- The first part of the session is about education - I delve into a relevant topic on your condition to help empower you to understand the nature of Endometriosis & Adenomyosis.
- In each session you will receive personalised care - these are called "Check-Ins". This is your naturopathic consult. They are carried out in front of the other participants, which may seem strange at first, however, you'll soon discover that each time you hear someone else's check-in you'll learn a lot about yourself. They are much shorter than our usual naturopathic consultations, so we focus on one area at a time, help with your prescription, and go through your pathology or test results.
- There is always an opportunity for a private one-on-one with me during the session which can be arranged prior to each session.
- As well as myself running each session there is a facilitator - our new New Leaf team member Sophia Gerontakos - who will coordinate the groups, keep us on time, take notes and help you with all your needs.
The Benefits of Share Naturopathic Consults
- Oh boy, there are so many.
- I know that when you experience chronic health conditions there is a huge sense of feeling alone. The most beautiful benefit of the Group Consults is the incredible, non-judgemental support the participants give each other.
- Plus, you get to continue your naturopathic treatment in a more cost-effective and professional way.
- You get education, group connection, naturopathic care and ongoing support.
What Shared Naturopathic Consults are not:
- Endometriosis & Adenomyosis are complex conditions and we'll be addressing all of this - gut, immune, mental health, sex, body-mind life - all of it. We will not specifically be addressing fertility cases - what I mean by this is that if you are actively trying to fall pregnant or undergoing fertility treatment this will have to be carried out in one-on-one consults. Please let me know if you have questions about this.
- Group Consults do not replace one-on-one consults - but you may not need both. Many of the existing Group members learn when something is specific for the group but also when you may more targeted support. Ideally, I want you to get the most benefits from the group work as your primary place of care.
- Group consults are not group therapy - we all come with our own experiences and life decisions - there is always a place to offer support, but we are really mindful of unwarranted advice giving and encourage peaceful communication styles.
- I will be starting these group sessions on Thursday 15th Sept 2022 starting at 5pm.
- We'll be opening up to new members every 4 weeks, and doing an intake for new patients in 2023.
- Each session will be 90mins (but we can extend it if we feel like the 2 hours was suitable).
- They will run fortnightly but there may be a week or two in which I'll be unavailable.
- I'm only going to offer 7 places on the program for now.
- There will be a cost for each session, which will be $60.
- We are also asking that you commit to at least 4 sessions in one go - you know that you get more out of the group work with consistency in turning up fortnightly. You can also book ongoing if you choose to. Group consults work best for you when you commit to regular sessions. It isn't a drop-in clinic - the magic happens when we all work together over the weeks together.